Monday, October 27, 2014

OCTOBER 27, 2014 -- BAD GUYS, RESCATADOS AND WHAT NOT

Elder Jonathan Tracy and his "Cat Friend" -- CHUCHI

October 27, 2014 -- Week Seven In Bolivia!

So this week was crazy. So much stuff happened, I don´t even know where to start. Let's begin with my encounter with the Robbers.


Elder Gutierrez and I were walking just like any other night when we see these two guys waiting by a wall.  When a stranger walked by, the two guys pointed and jumped him.  They had machetes.  And I´m pretty sure they stabbed him.   So Elder Gutierrez and I did what any other person would do.  We ran faster than I have ever ran before in my life.  And believe me, you run fast when there are people with machetes chasing you!!!  We´re all good, and we didn´t get hurt or robbed.

In the realm of teaching, we are currently rescuing a family.  They have one more Sunday until they are rescued. Next Saturday, Hermano Alex Alpire is going to baptize his 10 and 8 year old sons.  Then the next week, they´re going to go to the LDS Temple in Cochabamba, Bolivia to be endowed, and sealed for eternity.   I have literally helped bring a family together forever.  I´m beyond happy!!


Scripture of the Week: 

1 Corinthians 10:13 --  

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:  but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


Whenever I use this scripture in a lesson, (and I use it almost every week), I think of Dad when we would drive to church and I quote my Dad.  He would say:  ´´Who wants to memorize scriptures?!?!?!?!?!?´´ And then for the whole 30 minute car ride we would repeat this scripture and many others over and over.



When I use this scripture in my teaching, I add the word ´´Challenge´´ after temptation.  Because God knows our limits, and He won't challenge us above that which we can accomplish.  And when we do accomplish it, we usually grow in that process.


Scripture Case Made From Aligator Skin -- Jon is having one made with the Nauvoo Sunstone as the centerpiece.

Have a good week everyone!!!!!

Love, Elder Jonathan Tracy



From Jon's Mom -- Snippets from today's email.

MOM:  Hey Jon, I see that it is supposed to rain and be cooler this week in Bolivia.

JON:  It rains, it is colder in the morning, but when the Sun comes out, we cook MOM!  LOL.

JON:  This my Cat friend who lives with us. Her name is ChuChi. She´s the dueñas cat. The dueña is the Land Lady. We rent her house, and she keeps the cats with us. 

MOM:  Tell me more about this experience with the robbers?

JON: I was chased by robbers with Machetes.  We ran like hell Mom.  I'm not getting stabbed. lol

MOM:  What are you going to do today on your Preparation Day?

JON:  We´re going to go play ´´Wally´´ which is Volleyball with a few new rules. 

MOM:  What else is going on?


JON:  3 minutes Mom. Love you!  Tell Dad I miss him everyday.  And tell him I think about you both everyday!

JON:  Bye Mom. Talk to you in November. Love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment