Monday, October 20, 2014

OCTOBER 20, 2014: BOWLING, ESTABAMOS BUSCANDO, AND ALGO MAS

This week in Bolivia:

I went Bowling, Celebrated my Trainers 20th Birthday, and walked a lot.

Elder Tracy Shaving

Last preparation day we went bowling in the first ring of Santa Cruz.  It was called Cosmic Bowling.  I got beat by the Latinos that have never bowled before in their lives. How neat is that!


Bowling with Elder Tracy and Elder Jarvis

Then on Tuesday, we had a meeting for all the Nuevos (Newbies) and their Trainers.  The bowling was a Multi-zone Activity. So I saw all the Gringos in my group.  It was a great reunion.  After my training is complete, I might get to be a trainer.  My companion tells me everyday, "Usted va a entrenar un Latino."  Translation -- You will train a Latino.

The same Tuesday it was Elder Gutierrez´s birthday.  We had cake and all the good stuff, but the cake had strawberries. Gringos can't eat the strawberries here because they are dangerous.
Elder Guiterrez's birthday party.


This week was hard.  Elder Gutierrez got sick on Friday, and we couldn´t leave the house.  And we lost a lot of our investigators.  

This week is a new week and I´m going to ´´shake hell´´ as Emily says it.


Scriptures with Elder Tracy

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all thine heartand lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

This is my Favorite Scripture of all time.   I chose it to be on my Mission Plaque which hangs on the wall in the foyer in our Chapel in Lee's Summit, Missouri.

We can´t accomplish anything by ourselves.  We can´t receive salvation, have an eternal family and enjoy the blessings of eternity by ourselves.  When we trust in God, he will provide. Cuando Confiamos en Nuestro Salvador, Hablaremos ´´ Si SeƱor, te seguiremos´´.   

!Que tenga una buena semana¡

Elder Tracy


Some questions that I (Dana, Jon's Mom) asked him.

      How are you?  What are you going to do today on your preparation day?

No comments:

Post a Comment