Monday, October 12, 2015

WEEK 57: THE WEEK OF SPEAKING GRINGO, FRIED WHITE PEOPLE



Elder Jonathan Tracy in the Internet cafe today.


Hey everyone.  This week was a week of words.  Nothing but words.  Words to people in the street.  Insults from the drunk guys and young people.  And Words of Wisdom from the scriptures.

To start off this week, we had companionship transfers with Elder Gomez, an Elder from Argentina.  We went to his area which is called La Libertad or "Liberty" and walked around and talked to a lot of people.  I got super sun burned (photo included) and then we finished the Transfer and went back to my area La Cañada. 


Missionary Sunburn

We have been having some problems finding new investigators.  So we just talked to EVERYONE.  I have learned to love to talk to people in the Street.  Seeing someone and wanting to share the gospel is the sign of true conversion.  I have started the New Testament, because I have read the Book of Mormon twice in Spanish.  So aside from the Words of Nephi, Mormon, and Alma, I will also be studying more extensively from John, Paul, and Christ himself.  I have grown to love the New Testament.  All of the Wisdom that Jesus imparts is priceless. 

READ THE SCRIPTURES.  ASK THE MISSIONARIES.  IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, THEY WILL HELP YOU!!!!!!!!

Scripture of the Week: 
John 14: 26-27

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


Have a great week everyone!!!
-- 
Elder Jonathan Thomas Tracy
   Misión Santa Cruz Bolivia
               2014-2016






Self Portrait 10-12-15







No comments:

Post a Comment