Monday, December 21, 2015

WEEK 67: LEADERSHIP ASSIGNMENTS, NEW FRIENDS, CHRISTMAS SHENANIGANS

Dear Friends and Family.

TIS THE SEASON TO BE JOLLY FALALALALA LALALALA


I'm so happy.  Christmas #2 in Bolivia, and now I'm ready and willing to do what all Bolivians do. Like: Eat 2 tons of Fruitcake :( and Shoot fireworks lolol.
This week has been humbling.  We got new assignments, and I have been given the assignment of District Leader again.  I'm more prepared for this time and I'm ready to make things work here in La Cañada.  Elder Peña and I are going to be together for the Christmas time and I know that we are going to make Christmas a blast for everyone.

We did a special musical number in the Christmas conference.  We had a member let me borrow a Trumpet and we played some Christmas songs for the people, but it was like the "Backup" Trumpet that we had in the High School held together by tape and with the valves that are destroyed.  So I did the best I could for not having played in a year and a half and fought my way through to be able to play the Songs.  Then our Zone sang "How Could the Father Show the World"  And I had a mini solo because in Bolivia no one sings right.  But whatever!


Zone Picture for the Christmas COnference. I'm on the Far left.

We have been working a lot here to get some people ready for baptism.  But, we have one grandma and her grandson that are working towards a baptismal date.  They are Maria and Alejandro. So we will be working to get them ready for the 12th of January 2016.

 Scripture of the Week:
 2 Nephi 19:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


Have a Merry Christmas, and I hope my family carols you in 3 days :D

1. Human Flagpole






2. They made me Thor in our Lunch one day






3. Giant Train Tracks





4. Elder Castro ( My companion from Bermejo) and I after the Christmas Conference and Program







5. Christmas Card








-- 
Elder Jonathan Thomas Tracy
  Misión Santa Cruz Bolivia
             2014-2016


No comments:

Post a Comment