Monday, June 6, 2016

WEEK 89: LAST ZONE CONFERENCE!

This week was an EVENTFUL week in my mission.

Elder Hugo Montoya of the Quorum of the Seventies visited with my Zone!



We had a lot of fun moments here. I was happy to be able to do Divisiones with my last Companion, Elder Dansie. He came back to Villa Montes and we went ham. We taught like seven lessons that day, now that we BOTH know the area! It was a lot of fun being back with someone who I have worked with before. Still feeling the companionship connection as I call it. It was a lot of fun.






Then on Wednesday, we only taught three lessons. We just walked and walked and walked.  At least it wasn't blazing hot as it usually is. It was actually a really nice sunny day.  I went on another division with Elder Choque, a Elder from Bolivia. It was fun to see how he worked.  I just thought that we could have taken better advantage of our time.  I was kind of sick that day, I had a head cold, so I wasn't in my right mind.  But we could make the most of our time and find a new family to teach.

Thursday: The Assistants made a surprise visit to our house. So we basically got wrecked. Our house was dirty and they got there just to see us begin to clean up. Needless to say that it was an INTERESTING conversation that they had with me about the District.

Friday: Had my last Zone Conference with President Willard, and I HAD TO GIVE MY LAST TESTIMONY this conference. President Willard at least heard my testimony before he left! Then we had a super worthless division with Elder Peck, one of the Assistants. We did not teach anyone, just walked around from house to house for three hours. Every single plan that we had fell through. How awesome is that!

Saturday: Baptism for the other Elders: Miguel Molina was baptized.





Sunday: 131 people came to church!

Scripture of the Week: 
1 Nephi 13: 23-24

And he said:  Behold it proceedeth out of the mouth of a Jew.  And I, Nephi, beheld it; and he said unto me:  The book that thou beholdest is a record of the Jews, which contains the covenants of the Lord, which he hath made unto the house of Israel; and it also containeth many of the prophecies of the holy prophets; and it is a record like unto the engravings which are upon the plates of brass, save there are not so many; nevertheless, they contain the covenants of the Lord, which he hath made unto the house of Israel:  wherefore, they are of great worth unto the Gentiles.

And the angel of the Lord said unto me:  Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God.

The Book of Mormon testifies of the Bible!


-- 
Elder Jonathan Thomas Tracy
  MisiĆ³n Santa Cruz Bolivia
               2014-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment