Monday, June 20, 2016

WEEK 91: IT IS COLD HERE IN THE HOTTEST PLACE ON EARTH!

It was so cold here this week. You know it is cold when you are in your bed, and can see your breath come out as smoke.  I am freezing to death out here. We have been working so hard. And the Lord is blessing us with success. We have been able to find some new families. Some new families showed up at church without us even inviting them. Lots of lessons with members, and lots of people in the church.

Did splits with the Zone Leaders this week.  Elder Dansie went with my companion to Yacuiba and I got to be with one of MY BEST FRIENDS IN THE WHOLE MISSION.  Elder Wilson is my new Zone Leader.  We had a lot of fun trolling around through Villa Montes.  We were able to find a lot of people that Elder Del Pozo and I couldn't find for a while. We took some time in the morning before lunch to get some Recuerdos.  Elder Wilson and I have the plan to get Panchos. I have a picture for everyone to see.

Then we had a cool Zone Conference where we read about "Eyes of Faith".  We read from Numbers Chapter 13 and 14 from the Old Testament.  We learned a lot about Caleb and Joshua trying to get into the land that "Flows with Milk and Honey".  Which really means that there are good things in every area of the mission!

I have four weeks exactly before I get home . . . getting kind of nervous. 

I hope everyone has a good week!

Scripture of the Week: 
3 Nephi 20:8-9


And he said unto them:  He that eateth this bread eateth of my body to his soul; and he that drinketh of this wine drinketh of my blood to his soul; and his soul shall never hunger nor thirst, but shall be filled.

Now, when the multitude had all eaten and drunk, behold, they were filled with the Spirit; and they did cry out with one voice, and gave glory to Jesus, whom they both saw and heard.


Pictures go like this
1. Elder Del Pozo and I during Family Home Evening. They drew on our faces!



2. Elder Tracy from "El Chaco". This is the traditional dress of the region where I am right now.




3. Elder Wilson and I. This time we drew on each other.





4. Our Area. This is what most of it looks like. Dirt roads and lots of dogs (haven't been bitten yet)!!





5. The name tag on the church




6. My district on Sunday: Elder Aguilar, Elder Del Pozo, Elder Tracy, and Elder Brown!



-- 
Elder Jonathan Thomas Tracy
   Misión Santa Cruz Bolivia
              2014-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment