Friday, August 22, 2014

August 7, 2014

August 7, 2014

The MTC is FANTASTIC. I've made so many new friends its not even funny. Everyone in my Zone are super cool. I'm in Zone 132, which is known at the MTC as " The Singing District". My Zone is required to go sing in the MTC Choir every Tuesday and Sunday! The Blessings from my Heavenly father are to numerous to count. Spanish is coming very easily to me, I'm getting along with my companion, Elder Butts, and my roommates, Elder Fitzgerald and Battenfield. But there are some downsides.

Being thrown headfirst into Missionary life has been rough. Overcoming feelings of homesickness and fear have been difficult for me. I miss a lot of people from back home. I miss my Mother and her kind spirit. I miss my Father with his sense of humor and his love towards me. And I miss my siblings, who only annoyed me sometimes. I'm nervous about transitioning into the real mission life and not understanding Native Spanish in a foreign country. I know i have my fears, but i know i can over come them throught Christ. 
Doctrine & Covenants Chapter 11 reads:

For, behold, it is that speak; behold, am the light which shineth in darkness, and by my power I give these words unto thee."

I know that I am the Light that shines and I know many people are lost in the dark.  I love all of you and hope you can follow me on my Adventure in Santa Cruz.

Love, Elder Jonathan Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment