Monday, November 17, 2014

11/17/2014 -- WEEK ELEVEN -- TRUNKY

WEEK ELEVEN

This week wasn´t the very best week. It was hard to find and to teach.  We had to drop some investigators because they weren´t keeping their commitments.


My sister, Hermana Emily Tracy, finished her mission in Santa Rosa, California last Tuesday.  I haven´t seen her for over 1 1/2 years, and I´m not going to see her until July of 2016.  So in total, I won´t see her for 3 years. That made this week harder.  But I know that I´m supposed to be here and I know everything is going to be okay.

This week in Bolivia: I saw my First Drag Queen, Ate Cow Heart, and My Companion and I got Sick!

Yesterday we were on our way to Lunch in the Micro (which is like the City bus, but grosser) and I looked out the window, and I thought I saw a Woman in revealing clothes.  It turns out that it was a Dude. I was pleasantly suprised. I learned that there are weird people everywhere!

Friday, I ate some Churrasco (Bolivian Roasted Meat, but they call it BBQ).  I also got to throw my own cow heart on the fire pit. It was funny, because I held a heart in my hand, lol.


Yesterday, Elder Gutierrez and I got chilled because we sleep with a fan running. Well, we are both really sick right now.  So, What can you do? 



And the Church is exactly the same down here in Bolivia. I love it!!  There are the people who can´t control their children, screaming kids and babies, people playing on their phones, and people leave right after Sacrament Meeting.


Scripture for this week: 
Alma 29:1-2

O, that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.



This is the mindset that all missionaries should have and how I feel right now.  I just want to help everybody.  But it is hard for me when people don't want help.  But if you prepare now, we can all be ´´Trumps´´ of God.

¡Que tenga una buena semana!

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment