Monday, November 24, 2014

WEEK 12 -- PACKAGES, 50 YEARS OF THE CHURCH IN BOLIVIA!

Week 12  goes like this

Teaching, Celebration for 50 years of the Church in Bolivia
And Packages!


Thursday, November 20th, we celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the Church in Bolivia.  The Missionaries sang 4 songs: Llamados a Servir (Called to Serve), Soy un hijo de Dios (I Am A Child of God), Amad a otros (As I Have Loved You), and Te Damos Señor nuestras gracias ( We Thank Thee O God For A Prophet).


We sang, and then we left. The missionaries didn´t watch the Celebration. But I am serving as a missionary during this historic time. So how neat is that.


I got my first package from home. CANDY from Los Estados, and New tie, and a Bolivia Santa Cruz Mission Pin.  Living the Bolivian Dream.


Taught a lot of lessons. But that is normal.  Twenty lessons this week, and planning on more the next.


Scriptures for the week: 
Isaiah 12 and 2 Nephi 22

And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee:  though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.

Behold, God is my salvation:  I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song:  he also is become my salvation.

Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.

And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.

Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things:  this is known in all the earth.

Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion:  for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.



These two chapters are the exact same.  Jacob is quoting Isaiah about what he says. I like the most in verse 2 where it says God is our salvation.  All is important, and if we acknowledge God in our lives, we will change for the good.


Question: What would you do if the Savior lived in your house? What would you do differently? What would you do the same? How would you feel?


Have a Good Week
Hasta Luego


Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment