Monday, January 12, 2015

AXES and PIZZA

Elder Jonathan Tracy's name tag.  Picture taken at the Provo MTC 8-17-14


This week we helped the First Counselor in the Bishopric cut down a tree.  The biggest problem was that we didn't have an hacha (axe).  I had to make my own axe with a stick and a hatchet.  So I used a machete to cut a stick and I made an axe handle. Then,  I proceeded to cut down a tree with an axe I made with my own hands.  It worked well enough.  I only got about half of it done.  But it was cool none the less.  Then they gave us the Bolivian equivalent of Kentucky Fried Chicken -- Chicken Kingdom.  That was good too!!

We bought pizza.  It cost 180 bolivianos (about $26) for two pizzas as big as a table.  Needless to say, we chowed down. We chose Hawaiian and Meat Lovers.  But it only lasted five minutes between four hungry Elders.  It was the first Pizza I have eaten in four and a half months.

Not much happened this week.  Just a lot of walking. And drinking juice. Everyone offers us juice.


Scripture of the Week
D&C 20:37

And again, by way of commandment to the church concerning the manner of baptism --  All those who humble themselves before God, and desire to be baptized, and come forth with broken hearts and contrite spirits, and witness before the church that they have truly repented of all their sins, and are willing to take upon them the name of Jesus Christ, having a determination to serve him to the end, and truly manifest by their works that they have received of the Spirit of Christ unto the remission of their sins, shall be received by baptism into his church.

This is the requisitos para bautizarse.


If you are investigating the Church and want to be baptized, ask yourself these questions.


The Mission Goal for Baptisms and Rescues are 2,037.

D & C "20:37"  =   2,037


Have a good week! 

Elder Tracy



ADDING A LITTLE BIT FROM EMAILS TO ME (MOM):

I can't send pictures this week because the Bolivian Internet cafe man says I can't.  People upload virus on cameras and flash drives, and it shuts down a guys business.  So we will just have to wait until next week.

This Tuesday is Cambios (Transfers).   I might leave Quince (his area in Santa Cruz, Bolivia), but we will see.  We find out transfers tomorrow.  And then Wednesday everyone moves to their new areas if they are transferred.

Bolivia is hot and my hands hurt from typing. lol.

BYE MOM: HAVE FUN IN THIS NEXT WEEK:

JONALINA (one of the nicknames we have for Jonathan)

No comments:

Post a Comment