Monday, January 19, 2015

TRANSFERS: SANTA CRUZ TO BERMEJO, BOLIVIA

Hello my friends! 

Plaza Principal de Bermejo

This last week was really crazy.  To sum it up in three sentences:  I was transferred to a new area; I got a new companion; and I left Santa Cruz.

I said goodbye to Elder Benson, and to Santa Cruz. 
Elder Benson and Jonathan

Elder Beals and I hopped on a plane for a one hour flight to Tarija, and then after that, took a three hour car ride to my new Area in Bermejo. 

Elder Beals travelled with Jonathan.

 I am now serving in the 15 of April Branch.  I am living with the District President (Stake President).  

Entrance to the residence where Jonathan lives.


Entrance to the kitchen.


The kitchen.


Jonathan's bedroom.  His bed is the one on the left with the pretty rose blanket.  Ha!

The limits to my area are Argentina lol.  My new companion is Elder Castro.  He is from Argentina.


Elder Castro Jonathan's newest companion in Bermejo


Guess what we just did?  We just had a baptism this last Saturday for Hermano Ulises Rodriguez.  He´s super cool. 

Baptism of Hermano Rodriguez


With Elder Castro, we have a rule. We don´t go to lessons without a member.  So we are having a lot of success up here.  It is going to be super awesome.



Bermejo is literally the Jungle.  It is hot and humid, and the people here are really accepting of the gospel.  The River Bermejo splits my area from Argentina.   So I can run away to the South with my Argentinian companion.

Jonathan doesn't get to ride this scooter.


SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK:
ALMA 5:48-49

I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth.  And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on His name.

And now I say unto you that this is the order after which I am called, yea, to preach unto my beloved brethren, yea, and everyone that dwelleth in the land; yea, to preach unto all, both old and young, both bond and free; yea, I say unto you the aged, and also the middle aged, and the rising generation; yea, to cry unto them that they must repent and be born again.


And this is the Email. Have fun this week everyone.

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment