Monday, January 5, 2015

MEMBERS AND RAIN!

So this is how it goes. 

We just got into the New Year and I am feeling good.  And then, it starts raining.  It rained for 12 hours straight.  Hard rain. I'll send some pictures today, lol.  I had water up to my knees.  But I had the rubber boots Elder Gutierrez, my first companion in the field, gave me.  And that is the only really exciting thing. 



Standing Outside A Basketball Court

We have been teaching some people from Sucré.  They said they want to be baptized, so that is always fun.  I'm baptizing Lamanites. We have been talking to a less active 15 year old name Brahim. His parents have been members for over 40 years.  His mom is a returned missionary, and we are in the process of rescuing her. He has had some problems with drugs, but he is ready to change his life.

We ate a lot of food.  We have a member that cooks for us.  So he makes us Fried Chicken, Majadita, Pansa( Cow Stomach), Fried Potatoes and Churrasco (Barbeque)!

I held a mango as big as my head.


Elder Sabourin eating the large mango


Scripture of the week:
Moroni 8:25-26

And the first fruits of repentance is baptism; and baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments; and the fulfilling the commandments bringeth remission of sins; and the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God.


We see here the steps of true conversion. As we take these steps. we can have the spirit of God with us forever.

Que Tenga una semana buena

Elder Tracy
Misíon Santa Cruz Bolivia
2014-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment