Monday, February 9, 2015

WELL, I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING FUNNY TO SAY: SO IT IS JUST WEEK 22.



How is it going my friends?!?!?!

Jonathan and a stray dog that followed him for four hours one day.

Elder Jonathan Tracy here with my weekly update from The Mission of Miracles.  

The miracles are real and I see them daily.  This last week I have been really trying to see the miracles everyday.  The members have been giving us more references to work with.  Miracle of the week.  We received a reference for a Hermano (Brother) named Arnoldo.  His friend, Oscar, gave us the reference.  Arnoldo isn't married, he has a child with a less active member, and he literally was searching for us before he called us.  He said he wanted to change his life. He also said he wants to be baptized as soon as possible.  So we are working with him to get him ready. He is super cool and really has the desire to change.

I was driven 3 hours to go to a Mission Conference in Tarija. About 20 minutes into the ride, another missionary, Elder Beals threw up everywhere, and I was sitting next to him. But we got him cleaned up and we made it to the Conference. President talked about not being prideful.  I'm proud to be a missionary.  Then I gave the Closing Prayer, and I talked to my Trainer, Elder Gutierrez that day. 

Seeing Elder Guiterrez, Jonathan's first companion in Bolivia, at Zone Conference.

Then we rode 3 hours back to Bermejo.

And that is what happened this last week.


Scripture for this Week: 
Alma 26: 11-12

But Ammon said unto him:  I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.  

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore, I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.



The example of Ammon, and his knowledge of who he really serves, is a testimony builder.  He knew that by himself he could not do a lot.  But with God, he could do all things. It is the exact same with us.  We can do all things in God.

Have a great week everyone.


Love, 

Elder Jonathan Tracy
MisiĆ³n Bolivia Santa Cruz
2014-2016


Jonathan and Chelo, a friend that left to study in Tarijo.  Picture taken at Chelo's house.
This young man is Chelo, he is a member that had done some visits with us.  He left for Tarija to go study today. And I was in his house when this picture was taken.  lol



From Jonathan's email to me (MOM) today.

MOM:  Did you get any of our Christmas packages yet?

JON:  I haven't got anything.  And Mom, next Monday I can't write you, because I'm going to be stuck in the house for Carnaval.

MOM:  What is happening during Carnaval that you can't be outside for?  Wild women?  

JON:  For Carnaval.  People throw balloons full of paint, and they drink, and the women walk around naked I heard.  I'm going to be in the house from Sunday until like Wednesday.  I saw my Trainer again. We went to a zone conference in Tarija, so I rode 3 hours in a minivan to get there, and afterwards. 3 hours back.  Elder Gutierrez is serving in Tarija. Theres like 10 Elders serving in Bermejo, so 5 of us got into a minivan. and another 5 in another minivan.  We left at 6 in the Morning to get to the Conference at 9, and we left a 4 pm.  They fed us good food.

MOM:  Teach any interesting lessons this week?

JON:  I just have been teaching the 2 things that Dad wrote me about. The Divinity of Christ and the Restoration.

MOM:  Do people have cars and take themselves to Tarija or do most people ride the buses.

JON:  They have these things called "Micros". Its like a tram system, In my old Area, we always used the 100, the different numbers have different routes.  Last week. Remember how I said I lost like 5 kilograms?  I was feeling sick. 5 Kilos is 11 pounds Mom. I had really bad Diarrhea, but I'm better.

MOM:  Anything you need?

JON:   Just tell people to write me please. :)

PLEASE WRITE JONATHAN via EMAIL:   jonathan.tracy@myldsmail.net
His Birthday is February 14, 2015!  He will be 19 years old!  Let's give him a bunch of email for his birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment