Monday, May 11, 2015

CALLED MOM, CROCODILES AND FUNNY CONVERTS!



Hello Everyone! 

Elder Jonathan Tracy P-Day 5-11-2015


This week in Bolivia goes like this:   Some members gave me a wooden crocodile for my desk, and we met some cool new Less Actives to teach.




So we started off this week on Monday: 
I bought 12 pairs of socks for 3 dollars.  I met a less active whose name is Nolberto.   He got into Bermejo, Bolivia from Salta, Argentina on Monday.   He met up with his wife, who he abandoned three years ago.  He came back with a goal of being sealed in the temple.  He is super cool.  And he has the will to change his life.  We all know that the Gospel is the best thing for him right now.
 
Tuesday:   
We went around looking for some new people to teach.  We haven't been having a lot of success finding new investigators.  Everyone that we have been finding hasn't been progressing,  so we have had to stop visiting them.  So I'm asking for prayers so that Elder Ullua and I can find people that will progress.

Wednesday: 
We taught Arnoldo about the Sacrament, and the Sacrament prayer.  We practiced for like 20 minutes, and he said that he was ready to bless the Sacrament.  HE committed to do that.

Thursday: 
Was a bad day, we had one lesson. And we walked around, and the member that was going to be our fellowshipper was drunk when we went to go pick him up.  So he basically lost all of our confidence in him.  Then our investigators got mad when we called to reschedule.

Friday: 
Nothing important happened.  Just that it got really COLD!

Saturday: 
We met up with Nolberto again and talked about the Restoration.  It was cool because when we got to his house, he was actually reading 1 Nephi 8, the homework we left 
him.  We talked about that and he said that He is ready to change his life.

SUNDAY: 
Happy Mother's Day to everyone.  I called my Family for 40 minutes, and I cried! 






 I have no shame.  I sang my Mother a song from the Children's Songbook called "I Often Go Walking".  The words go like this:

I often go walking in meadows of clover, 
And I gather armfuls of blossoms of blue.  
I gather the blossoms the whole meadow over; 
Dear Mother, all flowers remind me of you.


O Mother, I give you my love with each flower
To give forth sweet fragrance a whole lifetime through;
For if I love blossoms and meadows and walking,
I learn how to love them, dear Mother, from you.


It makes me remember my Mother and everything she has done for me. I love you Mom!

Scripture of the Week: 
Alma 56: 47-48

Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying:  We do not doubt our mothers knew it.

I thought it would be fitting for Mother's Day! I think I shared it once, so why not again.

HAVE A GOOD WEEK
ELDER TRACY

Little message from Jon's Mom!  

What a great Mother's Day!  We got to talk with Jonathan and then he totally melted my heart by singing my favorite song to me!

From Jon:
Its time for me to get off now Mom. I'll see you next week. I LOVE YOU THIS MUCH MOM (--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

No comments:

Post a Comment