Monday, August 24, 2015

WEEK 50: TIES, RESCUES and COMPANIONSHIP EXCHANGES

Hey everyone! 

This is Elder Tracy here with the everything that's new here in Tarija, Bolivia. Everything is going great.  We are just now
getting out of Winter, and we are going to be getting into the Spring Time where the flowers, and birds, and EVERYTHING will be beautiful!!

We went on companionship exchanges Tuesday with Elder Rojas, and Elder that was in my First Zone, Zona Plan 3000. We went to his area which is called Tabladita.  I got to go back to the Familia Chipana, they are the BEST Cooks I have met in Bolivia.  We talked about how their ward is,
and how they are doing.  And they made us HOME MADE ICE CREAM.  It was the Celestial Kingdom in every spoonful. mmmmhhhmmm.


We went around with Elder Rojas, and we talked to a lot of people, and I relax cats now by popping their necks.  It is interesting.  We finished up with the Transfer and went to talk to Daniel.  He asked us some penetrating questions about Why the Missionaries before never talked to him.  He says he wants to serve a Mission. But he is 23 years old, and he says that it is going to be hard for him to leave.  But I
know that he is going to try to get out there.  He is the coolest guy ever.

We have been our having our Ward Conference activities this last week.  On Monday there was a Family Home Evening. Tuesday was Dessert Night, Wednesday Family Night, Thursday was Sports Night, and Friday was a Talent Show!!! We have been having a lot of fun. And the Ward has
been inviting a lot of people. We haven't seen any progress yet, but we will see!

And Elder Wilson, my white friend, gave me a cool Llama Tie from Lima, Peru. So that was top of my Week.


Scripture of the Week:

Alma 5:45-48


And this is not all. Do ye not suppose that I know of these things myself? Behold, I testify unto you that I do know that these things whereof I have spoken are true. And how do ye suppose that I know of their surety?

Behold, I say unto you they are made known unto me by the Holy Spirit of God. Behold, I have fasted and prayed many days that I might know these things of myself.  And now I do know of myself that they are true; for the Lord God hath made them manifest unto me by his Holy Spirit; and this is the spirit of revelation which is in me.

And moreover, I say unto you that it has thus been revealed unto me, that the words which have been spoken by our fathers are true, even so according to the spirit of prophecy which is in me, which is also by the manifestation of the Spirit of God.

I say unto you, that I know of myself that whatsoever I shall say unto you, concerning that which is to come, is true; and I say unto you, that I know that Jesus Christ shall come, yea, the Son, the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, and mercy, and truth. And behold, it is he that cometh to take away the sins of the world, yea, the sins of every man who steadfastly believeth on his name.


Here are the Descriptions for the Pictures:


1. Elder Rojas and I with the Celestial Ice Cream





2. Alvaro and Marlene Chipana, the Pensionistas for the Tabladita Ward



3.View from the Area of Elder Rojas, Barrio Alto Senac


4. Elder Rojas


5. Half of the Sick Llama Tie


6. Llama Tie























ELDER JONATHAN TRACY

No comments:

Post a Comment