Monday, August 17, 2015

WEEK 49: DOG, DOGS, AND MORE DOGS!

Hey everyone, this is Elder Tracy, and here is my weekly update from Bolivia!

I'm sorry if I'm not sending many pictures, I haven't been taking my camera out proselyting because I keep on forgetting it, but I got some sweet shots from this last week.







We have an investigator named Daniel Chacón who is going to be baptized this week.  He has truly shown us that he is willing to "follow the example of Jesus Christ", throughout the 2 months that I have met him.   He has truly changed his life, and I am so happy for him and everything he does.

We have been visiting some less active members for the last couple of days.  Like Alex Condorcet, who will be rescued this week, but the thing I didn't really think about is that I live on the top of a mountain.  Sometimes we go out finding, and I accidentally go to the edge of the Cliff where it drops off into a Canyon.  It's pretty cool, but kind of dangerous when you think we about.

And we were almost mauled by dogs two days ago.  Our area doesn't have any light posts in it.  So we are out walking on the mountain road, and I hear branches snapping.  I ask my companion if he hears what I hear.  And we both look at each other and pick up rocks.  Then out of no where come
like EIGHT dogs.  And not like little dogs...  We were up against TWO pit bulls, TWO dobermans, and a Golden Retriever, and a German Shepherd.  Sooo  . . . . we do
the first thing we can think of.   I start throwing rocks, my companion uses his bag to hit them, and by the Grace of God we weren't bitten.  


It made me think a lot about sin.   About how Satan tries to swarm you all at once.  But if you have protection from sin (the scriptures, prayer, church attendance) we will get out without a mark on us.  So that was my experience for this week.

Scripture of the Week. 

Omni 1:26


And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

-- 
Elder Jonathan Thomas Tracy
   Misión Santa Cruz Bolivia
              2014-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment