Monday, May 16, 2016

WEEK 87:VISIT FROM ELDER MONTOYA OF THE SEVENTY. SERVICE ON THE FARM. BACK TO MY FIRST AREA!

This week was very long but very rewarding. I have done a lot of things this week that I thought I would never have done on my mission.

Tuesday, we went and had a Service Project on a Cattle Ranch.  We had to roll Hay Bales for a half mile to get them to the feeding pin of the cows. I stepped in cow poop.  Best service ever.  We got to pet and play with the calves. The only bad thing is that one of the mothers got out and almost killed us for touching it's child.  But we got over the fence fast enough. Our Pensionist Elina has a lot of cattle and land so we will be going back this Tuesday to do more service.

Wednesday, we went around and visited some people. It is was kind of raining.  But it was still hot so we went without jackets.  My companion and I like to joke around sometimes, so he jumped into a puddle, which promptly got my WHOLE shirt covered in mud (The mud stain came out). But I was kind of mad for the rest of that day. The good part was that we went with a cool family of members, The Saucedo Family. They have helped us find a lot of new investigators this week. And they go with us whenever we call. They are so cool!

Then we traveled down to Santa Cruz on Thursday night to talk with Elder Hugo Montoya of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy. He taught us about the word "minister".  We as missionaries should minister as Christ ministered to the people in Bountiful.  Person by Person, Soul by Soul.
He also made a bunch of Elders look like retards.  He asked some pretty doctrinal questions and he challenged us to answer them.  Needless to say I kept my mouth shut on the things that I didn't know. 

Sunday I called my family for Mother's Day. It is my last call until I get home. I only have like 2 months left until I get home.





I love being a missionary. It is the most fun thing I have ever done in my life. I have never felt so much satisfaction from anything. For all of you who haven't or aren't thinking about going on a mission, I invite you to make the change AND GO!! People are waiting for you!



Scripture of the Week: 
3 Nephi 7: 15-16, 24-25

And it came to pass that Nephi -- having been visited by angels and also the voice of the Lord, therefore, having seen angels, and being eye witness and having had power given unto him that he might know concerning the ministry of Christ, and also being eye witness to their quick return from righteousness unto their wickedness and abominations;

Therefore being grieved for the hardness of their hearts and the blindness of their minds --  went forth among them in that same year, and began to testify, boldly, repentance and remission of sins through faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Now I would have you to remember also, that there were non who were brought unto repentance who were not baptized with water.

Therefore, there were ordained of Nephi, men unto this ministry, that all such as should come unto them should be baptized with water, and this as a witness and a testimony before God, and unto the people, that they had repented and received a remission of their sins.



Pictures go in this order:

1. Me with a hay bale.





2. This is Papa Noel. the cows name is Santa Claus lol.





3.Us after the service.




4. Me with a Members Puppy


No comments:

Post a Comment