Sunday, May 1, 2016

WEEK 84:TRAINING. VISIT TO TARIJA AGAIN!

Doing service digging a septic tank.

Well this week was a lot of fun. And I took a lot of pictures so my Mom doesn't get mad at me this week :P 

I traveled a lot this week! We had transfers on Tuesday and I had to go to Santa Cruz.  But there was a riot outside of Villa Montes and we couldn't get through.  So we had to take a 10 HOUR bus ride on one of the most dangerous roads in Bolivia.  It was a sheer cliff drop. So we had a very stressful ride. And then we missed the flight in Tarija. So we had to stay until 4 pm. And I could visit all of the people I had met while I was in Tarija a year ago! 

I saw the Lazo Familia, Dionisio and his familia and the Bishop. Then we flew out to Santa Cruz at 4 pm and I picked up my new companion.  He is a new missionary fresh from the Missionary Training Center and I'm going to be his trainer. His name is Elder Del Pozo, or Elder of the Hole. He is from Tacna, Peru.

Elder Tracy and his new companion.



We then went to the house of the secretaries and then on Thursday we had to fly 3 times!  We flew from Santa Cruz to Cochabamba then to Tarija and finally to Yacuiba.  I was so tired that day. When we went back to Villa Montes there was a blockage and we had to walk with their suitcases on the Highway!  How much fun was that!  I am the new District Leader here in Villa Montes. We have a lot of work here to do!


Scripture of the Week: 
Jacob 6:2-5

And the day that he shall set his hand again the second time to recover his people, is the day, yea, even the last time, that the servants of the Lord shall go forth in his power, to nourish and prune his vineyard; and after that the end soon cometh.

And how blessed are they who have labored diligently in his vineyard; and how cursed are they who shall be cast out into their own place!  And the world shall be burned with fire.

And how merciful is our God unto us, for he remembereth the house of Israel, both roots and branches; and he stretches forth his hands unto them all they daylong; and they are a stiff necked and a gainsaying people; but as many as will not harden their hearts shall be saved in the kingdom of God.

Wherefore, my beloved brethren, I beseech of you in words of soberness that ye would repent, and come with full purpose of heart, and cleave unto God as he cleaveth unto you.  And while his arm of mercy is extended towards you in the light of they day, harden not your hearts.


Pictures:
1. Juan Orellana and me. I love this dude.



2. The Narvaez Family. My ward Mission leader in Tarija

3. Lazo Family. The best people ever.


4. Chipana Family. They make the best food!

-- 
Elder Jonathan Thomas Tracy
    MisiĆ³n Santa Cruz Bolivia
                2014-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment