Monday, December 22, 2014

BECAUSE IT IS CHRISTMAS IN . . . BOLIVIA?

¡Feliz Navidad!     

    
Merry Christmas everyone!  I hope every one's holiday season is good!  This has been my first Christmas where it is hotter than 90 degrees everyday.  Bolivia is in summer right now.  So this is my first Christmas with the Heat Miser if you remember who he is.  He is from those old clay Christmas specials -- The Year Without A Santa Claus.



It has been so hot in Bolivia.  I have a thermometer on my Alarm Clock.  It was over 40 Celsius .  That is pretty hot -- equal to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.

This Week in Bolivia:


We sang Christmas carols to menos activos (Less Active Members) and the Sick.  I did more service with the Familia Maco Mendez.   I broke glass bottles into a hole I dug up. Then we walked and talked and got into the Christmas Spirit.
Saturday, we went and did that Service with the Familia Maco Mendez. I used a martillo (hammer) and smashed glass bottles into a hole Elder Sabourin and I dug. And then I played with all seven puppies that they had.  He recibido mi galardon.  They committed to go to Church by themselves. So Elder Benson and I trusted them. Well yesterday they didn't go, so they stopped progressing.  But we are going to work that much harder to get them converted.

Yesterday we went caroling with the Members in our Barrio. It reminded me of our Tracy Family Tradition. Our family goes caroling every year.  I can´t remember not going caroling.  So it felt good to be singing En La Judea, En Tierra de Dios (Far Far Away on Judea's Plain).  We visited Fabio Suarez, and he just started crying.  My heart was full, and in that moment, I understood the Love and Hope that the Christmas Season brings.  Verdaderamente Jesucristo es la Dádiva.  (Truly Jesus Christ is the Gift)!!

Scriptures for the Week

Because its Christmas there are TWO!
Isaiah 9:6 and Luke 2:8-14
Isaiah says: 

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:  and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Might God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


This was 700 years before Christ was Born.  Isaiah knew that Christ was coming.

Luke says: 

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.  And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them:  and they were sore afraid.  And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.  And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.  And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.



These are the most comforting words mankind has ever received.


Let the words change you!


MERRY CHRISTMAS

Elder Tracy



No comments:

Post a Comment