Monday, December 8, 2014

NEW COMPANION, SERVICE AND CCM



Elder Gutierrez, Jonathan's Trainer and  A Ward Mission Leader From His Area

This week was dramatic for me. I said goodbye to my Father  (missionary trainer -- companion), Elder Gutierrez and I said hello to my new companion Elder Benson from San Diego, California. He is a gringo!!!!  


Jonathan's new companion, Elder Bennion from San Diego, California.

Elder Benson has been serving for 16 months in the mission.  He only speaks Spanish to me.  I think he is trying to shake my English habit, lol.  We have been companions for almost a week and we have been working super hard.  We are always ready to knock doors if we have to lol. 



We did a service project at the Familia Alanocas house. 


Service Project


They think they know English, and know that there are three gringos serving in Quince, they are going crazy.  We used sand paper to rub yellow paint off some of their walls they needed to repaint.  I stood on a chair, which was on a table to reach the ceiling.  Then they served us fried chicken. Mhm mhm good!
Jonathan in Santa Cruz, Bolivia


So in my area, there is a "CCM" or a Centro de Capacitacion. The MTC (Mission Training Center) in Spanish is " El Centro de Capacitacion Misional" or CCM.  So I have included pictures of me and Elder Benson at the CCM, which isn't the MTC for our Church.  Just another building with the same name.  LOL

Scripture for the week:
Doctrine &Covenants 109:13

And that all people who shall enter upon the threshold of the Lord's house may feel thy power, and feel constrained to acknowledge that thou hast sanctified it, and that it is thy house, a place of thy holiness.



We have been teaching a lot about temples, and this is the scripture which is on my Temple Recommend case my Mom got me. So it makes me happy when I read it.


Que tenga una buena semana.

Elder Tracy



From Jon's Mom:

Another picture from Jonathan!





This is my new Bolivian wallet. Lol.
It is a little money pouch.

Mom:  How are you feeling Jon?

Jon:  I'm feeling great Mom.  I am getting used to Bolivia and all that stuff.  It is just really hot down here right now.

Jon was telling me (Mom) what he was sending home for Christmas for his siblings and Dad.  I told him that he was too sweet to think of us.  He said:  "Well, Tengo que quedarme dulce.  (I have to stay sweet).  I thought that was pretty cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment