Monday, March 2, 2015

EL AGUA. BAPTISM.



This week was amazing!  We had a baptism, and I baptized him!  We have been meeting more with the members so that we can gain confidence and find more people to teach.  We don't have many, but we are slowly getting there and I can see my branch changing it's attitude. 

Baptism of Arnoldo Gonzeles

But first, Elder Beals, Elder Jimenez and I went on a six hour adventure to Tarija.  Because we are all "immigrants" to Bolivia, we had to do some papers for Migrations.  So we spent three hours in a car to Tarija.  Elder Beals and I only had to give our fingerprints.  We stayed the night with the Zone Leaders from La Viña.  We bought a pizza the size of a bed mattress and ate it in twenty minutes.  After the feast, we slept on the floor.  I woke up like four times, and I was dying off thirst.  But we made it to the Migrations place, where Jehovah's Witnesses made fun of us in English.

Then we made the three hour trip back to Bermejo, and Elder Beals and I talked for three hours. We have like eighteen hours together in that car.  We survived, and then we got ready for the Baptism.


Arnoldo Gonzales was baptized on Saturday.  I dunked him in the water.  He was confirmed on Sunday.  So that is my third baptism here in Bermejo.   And that is only the beginning!

Scripture of the Week: 
Romans 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.


Thanks to my sister, Emily, for showing this scripture to me.  I like it a lot.  We are all disobedient, but thanks to Christ and his obedience, we can be saved.

Que Dios les bendiga,
y que les vaya bien

Elder Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment