Monday, June 1, 2015

TRANSFERS, LEADERSHIP ASSIGNMENTS, TARIJA

***(This blog entry is one week late due to our family traveling to Salt Lake City for our daughter, Betsy's wedding.  So please enjoy double blog entries from our missionary son, Elder Jonathan Tracy.)

Hey everybody! 

This is Elder Tracy giving you the latest news from The Heart of South America, Bolivia.  This week was absolutely crazy. I got transferred out of Bermejo. I wasn't able to say goodbye to my converts.  But I left them my picture so they will remember me.  I left Elder Ullua to go Barrio Senac in Tarjia. I'm with a Nuevito. (Newbie)  His name is Elder Navarro.  He is my third companion from Argentina in a row.  So I'm basically a Gaucho by now.  But it is helping with my Spanish.  I'm his second companion. So I'm trying really hard to keep a good example and do everything right. .
My new area is just BEAUTIFUL. I am in the Bolivian equivalent of Utah.  The climate is dry and windy.  I'm not sweating anymore!   And the Ward is really good.  Supportive and everything.  So I can't complain much.
And I'm District Leader now.  I have a trio of Sisters, a companionship of sisters, and the Zone Leaders in my district.  So I'm going to be really busy from now on.
We found four people that are going to be baptized in this next month.  Franklin Gutierrez and his son Luis, and Carlos and Zara, a son and his Mom.  They are progressing SOOOOO well.  They have the Date set for June 20th.  But this is my weekly update for this week.  I hope that everything goes well this week.


Scripture of the Week: 
Ether 12:27

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


The Promise is real. And if we are humble, we will do great things.  The Lord gave us imperfections so we can STRIVE to be perfect.  And the STRIVING is a lifelong journey, we can not be perfect in one day.  And that is where the Lord comes in.
And now a list of Pictures

1: Leaving Bermejo, saying Bye to Elder Ullua


2: Elder Navarro


3: My new Chapel in Senac


4: The Drive to Tarija. i was literally in the Clouds



5: Taking the Numbers as District Leader


6:Cool Rock Formation in my Area



7: More Rocks 


No comments:

Post a Comment